16:53 (GMT +7) - Tuesday 25/06/2019

Business

Japanese company buys 2.2% of Pizza 4P's

Released at: 15:02, 20/07/2017

Japanese company buys 2.2% of Pizza 4P's

Illustrative image (Source: IPPUDO SG)

Chikaranomoto Holdings to use stake to expand its Ippudo ramen noodles chain in Vietnam.

by Ngoc Lan

Chikaranomoto Holdings from Japan has announced it will cooperate with Pizza 4P’s to develop the Ippudo restaurant chain in Vietnam.

The Japanese company won agreement from Pizza 4P’s Director Mr. Yosuke Mashiko on pouring $445,000 into Pizza 4P’s to secure a holding of 2.2 per cent.

Chikaranomoto prices Pizza 4P’s at up to VND460 billion ($20.9 million), or nine-times higher than its charter capital of some VND51.5 billion ($2.3 million).

The first Ippudo outlet is expected to open in early 2018, specializing in ramen noodles, and it also plans to expand its ramen brand worldwide. 

Chikaranomoto Holdings now operates a ramen restaurant chain in Japan and elsewhere and produces and sells related products and services to restaurants. It has 16 subsidiaries and nine associates.

It has many brands in Japan, including Ippudo, Gogyo, and Bread Junction, and is also involved in business consulting for restaurants and franchise businesses. 

As at the end of June, Chikaranomoto had opened 69 stores in 12 countries and now prioritizes the Southeast Asian market. It has confirmed it will open more outlets in Vietnam.

The Pizza 4P’s chain was founded by Mr. Mashiko in 2011. Initial funding was only $100,000, from family savings. Mr. Mashiko now holds 80 per cent of Pizza 4P’s, with the remaining 20 per cent held by Seedcom. 

User comment (0)

Send comment